Call for Abstracts is now open. Click here to view the abstract submission guidelines.
Poster discussions often enable interesting opportunities for knowledge transfer, exchange and future collaborations and are a wonderful way to get to know other members of the dementia community. The abstract judged best overall will be awarded a certificate of recognition and a $500 cash prize. Five abstracts will also be selected for a ten minute oral presentation.
March 24, 2017 - Call for Abstracts opens
September 22, 2017 - Call for Abstracts closes
Beginning of October - Notification of accpeted posters
Specific Guidelines for Poster Displays:
- Displays may consist of a one-piece poster, or a two dimensional collection of smaller pieces which utilize the panel as a background.
- Posters must be HORIZONTAL. The display’s overall size: (72" wide x 36" high or 6ft x 3ft).
- Handouts may not be left on the floor in front of the display.
- Business card or brochure holders may be attached to the display panel.
- Displays will be showcased during the conference breaks and lunch. We ask that a representative be present at the poster during these times.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting up your poster during registration on Friday, November 3rd (7 am to 8 am) and your poster must be removed on Saturday, November 4th either at the end of the lunch break or by 5:30pm. Posters left on the boards after this time cannot be retrieved.
- All expenses associated with creating your presentation, conference registration and travel expenses for the conference.
- At least one person on the submission team must be a registered delegate at the conference and all members of the team who want to attend or present must be registered.
- We will provide you with the “male” or “hook” Velcro and push pins needed to attach your poster to the poster boards. For heavier items please ensure that there is sufficient Velcro attached to the items to prevent damage or falling.
For questions about poster abstracts, please contact our office:
416 597-3422 ext. 3448