Federation of Law Societies of Canada, National Criminal Law Program - 2017
To contact the National Criminal Law Program:
Jessica Grant, Program Coordinator
110 Eglinton Avenue West, Suite 303
Toronto, Ontario M4R 1A3
- This year’s program takes place at the Westin Bayshore Resort and Conference Centre, 1601 Bayshore Drive, Vancouver, BC.
- The program schedule, accommodations and information on social events, are available at http://www.flsc.ca/en/national-criminal-law-program/ .
- Registration fee is $775 + $38.75 (5%) GST = $813.75 for registrants called to the Bar before 2012, and $495 + $24.75 (5%) GST = $519.75 for registrants called to the Bar 2012 or after.
- If you are GST exempt, please have your GST exemption number before entering additional information. GST charges cannot be reversed.
- Registration fee includes program attendance, program materials (hard copy including USB stick or USB stick only based on your selection during online registration), daily light breakfast of coffee and breakfast breads and refreshment breaks, Sunday First Time Attendee Reception (for first time attendees, cash bar) and Monday end of day reception (cash bar).Please note: In the future, registration will include materials on USB stick only. Printed materials will be made available at an additional charge.
- Material selections are final, these cannot be changed on site. All material selections – hard copy including USB stick or USB stick only – will be distributed on site at registration. Materials will not be provided in advance.
- All registrants are automatically placed into the Tuesday and Thursday small group English workshop unless you select an alternate. If you wish to attend an alternative to the Tuesday and Thursday English small group workshops, please select another option during registration.
- Monday and Thursday break-out selections are made by attendees on site. No advance registration or selection is required for Monday and Thursday break-out sessions.
- Tuesday and Thursday mentoring breakfast are open to attendees with 5 years or less criminal law experience.
- Registration is by Visa or MasterCard through this website only. If you do not have a Visa or MasterCard you can obtain a prepaid card through most major financial institutions.
- Organizations may register multiple delegates at one time.
- Please check all email addresses carefully when registering. Confirmations and receipts, and additional information about the program, will be sent to the email addresses provided. If you enter an invalid address, we have no way of knowing you are not receiving what we are sending.
- No registration will be processed without the required payment in full.
- Registration is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registration is recommended.
- Changes to speakers, content, dates and venues may be necessary. In the event of program cancellation, our liability is limited to reimbursement of paid fees.
- Name tags will reflect first and last name, firm/organization and city and province entered during registration.
- Please keep your confirmation of registration in a safe place. You will need your confirmation number and email address to change or update your registration in the future.
- Cancellations must be received in writing, on or before May 31, 2017 for a refund to be issued. A $50.00 fee + GST will be withheld from any refund. Please send notification of cancellation to email@example.com. No refunds will be issued after May 31, 2017, for any reason, including illness, work related changes, or weather or travel disruption, unless the Program itself is cancelled.
- Once a notice of cancellation has been received, no substitutions will be permitted.
- Please note: The Thursday closing event is a ticketed event, not included in the Program registration fee. You will be given an opportunity to sign-up and pay for this event during online registration. You cannot add the event to your registration at a later date. If you do not sign up for the event and later wish to attend, you can check with the registration desk at the program for last-minute tickets. Once purchased, tickets for the Thursday closing event are non-refundable.
REGISTRATION FEE, PROGRAM CHANGES, REFUNDS & SUBSTITUTIONS
Registration fee includes attendance, program materials (hard copy or electronic as per registration form selection), daily light breakfast and refreshment breaks, and Monday and Tuesday end of day receptions (cash bar). Changes to speakers, content, dates and venues may be necessary. In the event of cancellations, our liability is limited to reimbursement of paid fees. Confirmed registrants may send a substitute in their place (at original registration fee) by sending written instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations must be received in writing, on or before May 27, 2016 for refunds to be issued. A $50.00 fee + HST will be withheld from any refund. No refunds will be issued after May 27, 2016. Once a cancellation has been issued, no substitutions will be permitted.